Activities & Events
- Community Services - Services include help for the homeless, church membership, baptism, first communion, and weddings.
- Ministries - Groups and activities sponsored by our Christian Education Committee.
- Music - Information about our musical groups.
- Fellowship - View information about church fellowship opportunities.
- Missions - Learn about missions that we are currently involved in and get information about how you can help.
- Lutheran Youth Organization - Our youth organization for young adults in grades 7-12.
- Dartball League - View information about our annual league for the game of dartball.
- Rockers Senior Group - Ages 55+ - This group for seniors does a number of activities around the community. You can find information about the
- Outdoor Market Fair - View information about our Outdoor Market Fair.
- Community Garden - St. Mark has a community garden on the church grounds.
- Kingdom Weekend - Learn about our Kingdom Weekend and when one might be coming up.
- Past Events - Please take a look at some our past events and activities.
- Fun Page - Games & Information - Have fun and learn with these games and resources.
- Anita E. Korensky Scholarship Fund - Learn how to qualify for this scholarship and when it will be offered.
- Photo Gallery - Take a look at photos from some of our past events and activities.
To request information about a specific topic or to have someone contact you, please complete
the form at the bottom of this page. Click on the arrow to chose a specific topic or "other" for general questions
(708) 802-2719 (created by David Trexler)
Short Children’s stories about God’s love for all of us. A new story
every week! The stories are sometimes fun, sometimes witty, sometimes cute, sometimes serious, but always carry the theme of Love.
Who? The people of St Mark Lutheran church in Worth, Illinois
What? recently dedicated a “knee mail” box. Members
of the community are invited to put their letters to God in the box, signed or unsigned, and the people of
St Mark will lift up their prayer requests on Sunday morning.
dedication service was planned as part of the celebration of the 100th birthday of our
Why? The impetus for the project
came from two members of St. Mark, Adriane Olejnik and Mark Karner. Mark was stricken by polio as a child, and
suffered from Scoliosis, diabetes, and congestive heart failure. He went on to become a disability rights activist, helping
over 500 people to get out of nursing homes and back into their homes. Mark passed away in June of 2013, and “Mark’s
Knee Mail box, was dedicated in his memory.
The box was inspired by the
movie “Letters to God”, and was built by Ed Muscarella, and painted by Barbara Urban.
The article about the life of Mark Karner in the Chicago Sun Times can be found here.
For more information contact pastor
Jay Trygstad at 708-448-6555.
|Knee Mail Box
To request information about a specific
topic or to have someone contact you, please complete the form below. Click on the arrow to chose a specific topic or "other"
for general questions and information.
"This we have
to fear as the greatest and nearest danger, that Satan take from us the pure doctrine of faith, and bring into the Church
again the doctrine of works and man's traditions. Wherefore, it is very necessary, that this doctrine be kept in continual
practice and public exercise both of reading and hearing. . . . Wherefore, this doctrine can never be taught, urged, and repeated
enough. If this doctrine be lost, then also the whole knowledge of truth, life, and salvation lost and gone. If this doctrine
flourish, then all good things flourish, religion, the true service of God, the glory of God, the right knowledge of all things
and all states of life." Martin Luther